cc_title_buildingABridge
cc_historic_imgThis Capital Campaign will do more than simply renovate our existing building. It will help to raise awareness of our mission, by allowing not only for improvements to the physical foundation of our campus site, but the strengthening of our spiritual foundation as well.

For over 40 years, our parish family has been bonded together by faith and values, acting as a community and sharing in the obligation to serve God and one another.

As our parish approaches the celebration of our 45th Anniversary in 2010, the time is right for us to unite in our vision, and build the future together.

TIMELINE
A Brief History

June 1965 – Official Founding Date of St. Bede theVenerable Church. Rev. James Martin appointed pastor

April 24, 1966  – Ground breaking ceremonies held

June 10, 1966 – Construction begins

Sept. 1966 – School begins

Aug. 5, 1967 – First Mass celebrated in the newly completed church building

May 1968 – Cardinal Krol presides over the dedication of the church, including setting the cornerstone

June 1993 – Father Eugene Gordon Cusick appointed pastor. Parish builds a Perpetual Adoration Chapel, school addition and Parish Center

Oct. 1, 2000 – St. Katharine Drexel canonized, thanks to a miracle received by a St. Bede’s parishioner

Jan. 2003 – St. Bede Parish Drexel Center established

June 2005 – Monsignor John C. Marine appointed the current pastor. Initiates ongoing process of strategic planning collaborating with parishioners

November 2008 – Kickoff of Capital Campaign

Saint Bede the Venerable Parish - 1071 Holland Road - Holland, PA 18966 - 215-357-5720
Staff E-mail - Proudly Designed and Hosted by John Patrick Publishing Company