All boys from the age of 5 years (kindergarten) through 10 years (fifth grade) are invited to join Cub Scout Pack 280. Our Cub Scouts range in rank from Lions (K) to Arrow of Light (5th). We hold monthly pack meetings. The Cub Scouts enjoy a wide range of activities that are held during the pack meetings and with their individual den meetings. The activities include skill games, sports, crafts, special outings, and nature hikes. Special events are Father/Son campouts, Pine Wood Derby Race, and the Blue & Gold banquet.
The purposes of Cub Scout program are to help parents and community organizations help boys by:
- Positively influencing character development and encourage spiritual growth.
- Developing habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
- Encouraging good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body.
- Improving understanding within the family.
- Strengthening the ability to get along with other boys and to respect other people.
- Fostering a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills.
- Showing how to be helpful and do one’s best.
- Providing fun and exciting new things to do.
- Preparing boys to become Boy Scouts.
For more information about the Cub Scout Pack 280 or to volunteer to become a leader, contact Erin Hamilton at email@example.com