School Mission Statement
St. Katharine Drexel exists in order to provide a quality education for our students. We strive to bring an awareness of God’s presence and love into the lives we touch.
Our vision guides us to promote the mission of the Church through education, fostering the maximum growth of each student as a whole person: spiritually, intellectually, morally, and physically.
PHILOSOPHY OF SAINT KATHARINE
Parents are the first and most important teachers of the child. St. Katharine Drexel Elementary School was established and exists today for the purpose of helping parents “to teach as Jesus taught.” St. Katharine Drexel Elementary School exists to help parents teach their children love of God, parents, family, neighbor, and a Christ-like love of self.
“To teach as Jesus taught” is to present God to the child as our loving Father, Jesus as our Savior and Brother, and Mary as our devoted Mother. “To teach as Jesus taught” is to present religion to the child in a way that goes beyond intellectual knowledge and leads the child into a way of life – Jesus’ way of life.
In cooperation with the parents, the priests, and the faculty of St. Katharine Drexel School, we will provide an environment and curriculum for each pupil to develop his or her highest potential in order to become:
- An intelligent Catholic who will be able to use his or her God-given abilities for the good of mankind.
- A spiritually vigorous Catholic who will allow the Eucharist to be the heart of his or her life.
- A thoughtful Catholic who will cultivate the social virtues.
- A healthy Catholic who will be sound in body, mind and spirit.
- An American Catholic who will become an honest, loyal, and truthful member of the Catholic Church and a worthy citizen of the United States.