Young Adults and Youth Ministries
Young Adult Ministry
Young Adults, people ages 18 to 40ish, are invited to join in our weekly meetings! Meetings are held every WEDNESDAY evening at 7:30 pm, in the Katherine Drexel Center. For more information, contact Fr. Thomas O’Donald at 215-357-5720, or coordinator Bob Bagdon at 215-354-6106.
There are also various activities throughout the Archdiocese. planned by and for young adults. For more information on how to access Young Adult activities, please check the bulletin, archdiocesan Office for Youth and Young Adults web site at phillycatholicyyam.org, or call 215-357-2130.
Our youth are a vital part of parish life. Our Youth Ministry program is designed to support and nurture the growth and development of our young people in various areas.
St. Bede’s Youth Ministry program has two important but separate groups of focus:
- High School aged Youth in grades 9 through 12, and
- 7th and 8th Grade Youth.
Youth Ministry Website
You can visit the St. Bede Youth Ministry website by clicking the logo below:
The Mission of St Bede’s youth ministry program is to empower youth to:
- Develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ
- Foster responsible participation into the life work and mission the Catholic faith community
- Integrate Catholic values and apply Catholic faith to daily life
- Participate in the sacraments and develop a personal spirituality and prayer life
- Work for justice and defend human dignity and serve those in need.
- Overcome prejudices and develop respect for differences
- Become healers, reconcilers and peacemakers
- Develop a positive self-image and grow in life skills
These goals will be accomplished through activities and programs in these five areas:
- Worship and Prayer
- Faith Formation
- Leadership Development
- Outreach and Service
One of our modes of communication is through e-mail, the parish bulletin and this web site.
If you are interested in participating in an event or desire to be put on the e-mail list, or if you are interested in becoming involved in the ministry. Please contact email@example.com for Youth Minister information for 9th – 12th grades.
Maritza Carmona-Kelly, Coordinator of Youth Ministry Grades 9-12